PREFACE Summer Bridge Program
Dates: Friday, June 12 - Friday, July 3, 2020
The Pre First-Year Academic and Career Engagement (PREFACE) Program is a multi-level program designed to develop our pre-first-year underrepresented minority students into high performing students who are confident, efficient, and results-driven engineers through a holistic approach towards academic and professional success in the engineering environment at The Ohio State University College of Engineering and beyond. More importantly, we want our PREFACE participants to learn life skills and pay it forward by becoming productive citizens. Currently, the program consists of four major components:
- Selected participants must attend a three-week summer academic enrichment program in which participants attend classes in applied engineering mathematics, chemistry, engineering problem solving, and technical writing while living on campus,
- Selected participants will enroll in our fall seminar courses during their freshmen and sophomore year,
- Selected participants will work closely with other College of Engineering units to assist with cover letters, internships, co-op jobs, undergraduate research, and graduate school opportunities, and
- Selected participants will engage in our comprehensive mentoring program to network, work collaboratively, and impact retention efforts in the COE and OSU community.
Advantages as a PREFACE participant:
It is imperative that our students understand and adjust to the academic rigor and pace of university-level courses. There are many advantages for selected participants in the PREFACE program.
- have immediate access to a dedicated staff driven to assist them toward academic and career success in engineering.
- learn essential tools to help excel and compete as they gain early entry into the OSU campus environment.
- jumpstart their relationships with faculty, administrators and staff, and other engineering students as they develop a strong network of support.
PREFACE Testimonial - Alumna Lindsay (Roberts) Smith, DDS
If you have any questions, please email Dr. Ronald Parker (email@example.com)